Facing the sun
Summer in the Ahrntal
Some 850 km of hiking trails including all difficulty levels, 84 'three-thousander' meter peaks, 10 waterfalls, 35 mountain lakes and many other natural beauties make the Ahrntal vacation region in South Tyrol a paradise for hikers.
Hiking tips from your hosts
Your hostess Elizabeth is a passionate hiker herself and always has some tips ready for you, such suggestions for hiking tours:
- to the Schwarzbachalm rustic eatery (about 1.5 hours);
- along the Ahrntaler Sonnenweg (sunny trail) to the Rotbach Alm rustic eatery and further into the inner Ahrntal valley;
- through the Speikboden hiking area.
Over the mountains on your bike saddle
For mountain bikers and e-bikers, the Ahrntal has a whole range of options in store – be it a leisurely ride along the Ahr River, taking one of the summer mountain railroads high up to the Speikboden and Klausberg mountains or to remote mountain pastures and lakes.
Our extra services for cyclists at B&B Hotel Schwarzbachhof:
- Tips for planning mountain bike, racing bike and pleasure tours in the Ahrntal, Tauferer Tal and Pustertal valleys;
- Secure basement bicycle station;
- Free loan of mountain bikes and e-bikes;
- Helmet rental.
Big fun for little guests
Your children certainly won't miss out at the Luttach vacation village in the Ahrntal: Close to your accommodations you'll find: a big children's playground, a small water park, a miniature golf course and a western-style riding stable offering horse trekking.
The Klausberg Family Park, including its water adventure park, bear slide, trampoline, summer toboggan run and dinosaur land is always worth a visit. Children will also find a whole range of adventure on the Speikboden, with lots of play options.
The Bauernlandzwerge Ahrntal – Ahrntal 'Farmland Dwarves' children's program
Supervised by trained counselors, children will experience great adventures in the forest, on the water, in the show mine or in Taufers Castle. The program is suitable for children of 6 to 12 years old.